- You can set the software to have the region being recorded follow your mouse around.
- You can highlight your mouse so it's easier to see.
- Google Video does not have a limit on either file size or total number of files uploaded
- Google Video has a desktop uploader so you can upload a bunch at a time
- Google Video allows you to set the movie as private so only those you give the address to can see it.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
I've recently taken up screencasting to aid in my teaching. I started with a fully online class I taught last fall and I'm planning to do a lot more of it in an in-person class this spring. I use free software on windows machines (Camstudio) that can record a portion of screen while also recording your voice. It saves the movie as an .avi file (ugh) but then I upload it to google video and they turn it into a flash movie (just like youtube). A few cool things about how I'm using it: