Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Almost two weeks without tv

I don't really miss it. This past weekend there were a couple of times where just vegging in front of it sounded good but I knew there wasn't really anything on. On weeknights I've been busy cleaning the kitchen, brewing my iced tea for the next day, checking the discussion boards for my online class (online quantum mechanics, sounds fun, huh?), reading books, and posting to my blog. The boys are usually in bed by 8 and I go to bed around 10:30 so it's just 2.5 hours to fill. Dexter season 2 came in the mail recently and I am pining for it. I can't decide if that's allowed or not. I suppose I know deep down that it's not but it does sound like fun to watch. At least I wouldn't be watching commercials and I could pause it any time to deal with anything that comes up (I've been getting the evil eye from my wife for not responding to the kids when the tv's on). There's really no single show that I miss. I know Law and Order will always be there for me and things like Hulu.com seem to have the oldies but goodies so I don't feel like I have to watch something the night it premiers. Of course this is all during my j-term at Hamline when all I'm teaching is my online course. Once the spring semester starts I'll probably just use the time to get work done (like grading, the bane of my existence). We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment